Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
As an Account Manager (School Sales), you will drive our sales to schools and districts across the world by guiding prospective educators through our purchasing process, understanding their needs, and building long-lasting relationships.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Understanding customers. Working to deeply understand our school customers, their needs, and the best way to implement Albert to achieve the school's goals.
● Expansion. Strategizing with the School Success and marketing teams on lead generation efforts, especially in driving interest in pilot implementations.
● Pilots. You will work on securing short-term pilots at schools to explore an Albert implementation and help to onboard schools to have successful pilots.
● Closing deals. Fielding inbound school license inquiries, converting pilots into sales, and conducting demos to close deals.
● Data upkeep. Maintaining the data in our CRM to ensure we always up-to-date information.
Albert is so much more than just a job. You will do great work here supported by incredibly talented, passionate, and kind colleagues and actually look forward to waking up every day to help us bring better learning experiences to students worldwide. We carefully maintain our culture of openness, respectful debate, calculated risk-taking, and first-principles thinking. You'll also form lifelong friendships, collaborate with incredible managers, have a ton of fun, and pick up skills and experience that will last you a lifetime.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. All employees can work-from-home one day per week.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do a big off-site as a team.
Prior experience in school sales is certainly helpful, but not necessary. Here is what we care about the most:
● Experience. To ensure a deep connection with our mission and facilitate natural conversations with schools, we strongly prefer candidates with classroom teaching experience.
● Mindset. You do not give up easily and feel comfortable going for the close. You believe that superior effort will win in the long run.
● Exceptional communication skills. You know how to maximize the impact of your communications while understanding another person's opinion.
● Creative problem solver. You can synthesize information about our product and the client's goals and situations to overcome objections and find your way to "Yes".
● Composure under pressure. You do not get rattled easily, can quickly assess a situation and identify what is important to take action and adapt as needed.
● Work ethic. When you reach a goal, you set a higher goal next time, not because you are told to but because you want to constantly challenge yourself.