Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
As a Business Development Representative, you will support our Account Managers in converting prospective school customers into paid Albert customers. You will handle initial customer qualification, meeting coordination, and set up our Account Managers for success in closing pilots and deals to implement Albert's world-class learning platform in schools across the world.
Your responsibilities would include:
● Deal qualification. When inbound leads such as demo requests and pilot applications come in, follow up with prospective customers to learn more about their needs, goals, existing solutions, and timeline to assess potential fit for an Albert implementation.
● Meeting coordination. Pass on qualified leads to Account Managers by facilitating meetings and briefing on relevant client information beforehand.
● Follow-ups. Ensure clients continue their momentum through our sales process through customized follow-ups on a regular cadence.
● CRM management. Ensure interactions with prospective customers are properly documented, CRM data is accurate and up-to-date, and relevant insights are surfaced to the broader Account Manager team.
With outstanding performance, this role can transition into an Account Manager.
Albert is so much more than just a job. You will do great work here supported by incredibly talented, passionate, and kind colleagues and actually look forward to waking up every day to help us bring better learning experiences to students worldwide. We carefully maintain our culture of openness, respectful debate, calculated risk-taking, and first-principles thinking. You'll also form lifelong friendships, collaborate with incredible managers, have a ton of fun, and pick up skills and experience that will last you a lifetime.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. All employees can work-from-home one day per week.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do a big off-site as a team.
Prior experience in school sales is certainly helpful, but not necessary. Here is what we care about the most:
● Mindset. You do not give up easily and feel comfortable going for the close. You believe that superior effort will win in the long run.
● Exceptional communication skills. You know how to maximize the impact of your communications while understanding another person's opinion.
● Creative problem solver. You can synthesize information about our product and the client's goals and situations to overcome objections and find your way to "Yes".
● Composure under pressure. You do not get rattled easily, can quickly assess a situation and identify what is important to take action and adapt as needed.
● Work ethic. When you reach a goal, you set a higher goal next time, not because you are told to but because you want to constantly challenge yourself.