Albert (www.albert.io) is shifting the paradigm in education toward personalization. It functions as a 1:1 tutor that teachers can leverage to personalize instruction while offloading low-level tasks like content creation, grading, and data analysis. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
MEET OUR CONTENT TEAM
As a Math Content Manager, you will be part of the innovative team that designs and creates the curricula and content at the heart of Albert’s products.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Developing content. Overseeing all efforts related to the development of content in our Math subjects spanning high school and college courses.
● Enforcing quality standards. Moderate author-submitted content to ensure it meets our standards, provide feedback, and work with authors to incorporate feedback.
● Developing new products. Lead the ideation and implementation of innovative technology-enhanced curriculum products, working cross-functionally to develop and launch those products.
● Driving internal improvements. Continuously update and maintain the company’s content standards guides and improve content development processes and systems.
● Supporting product adoption. Collaborate with the School Success team to provide world-class teacher and instructional supports to ensure successful Albert implementations.
Albert is so much more than just a job. You will do great work here supported by incredibly talented, passionate, and kind colleagues and actually look forward to waking up everyday to help us bring better learning experiences to students worldwide. We carefully maintain our culture of openness, respectful debate, calculated risk-taking, and first-principles thinking. You'll also form lifelong friendships, collaborate with incredible managers, have a ton of fun, and pick up skills and experience that will last you a lifetime.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. All employees can work-from-home one day per week.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do a big off-site as a team.
● Salary: $50,000 - $65,000
The ideal candidate would have the following:
● Relevant experience. 2+ years of math teaching experience and/or a relevant degree in mathematics, statistics, or engineering. Experience with test prep and curriculum design is a bonus.
● Superior organizational and management skills. You will need to effectively manage teams of authors while driving internal initiatives.
● Exceptional communication skills. You know how to maximize the impact of your communications while understanding another person's opinion.
● Creative problem-solving skills. You aren’t afraid to think of the box and arrive at your own conclusions based on first principles.
● Sound decision-making. Many times, decisions will have to be made in situations of ambiguity.
● A passion for education. Our mission to bring personalized learning to all students has to deeply resonate with you.