Albert (www.albert.io) is shifting the paradigm in education toward personalization. It functions as a 1:1 tutor that teachers can leverage to personalize instruction while offloading low-level tasks like content creation, grading, and data analysis. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
As a Math Content Manager, you will be part of the innovative team that designs and creates the curricula and content at the heart of Albert’s products.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Developing content. Overseeing all efforts related to the development of content in our Math subjects spanning high school and college courses.
● Enforcing quality standards. Moderate author-submitted content to ensure it meets our standards, provide feedback, and work with authors to incorporate feedback.
● Developing new products. Lead the ideation and implementation of innovative technology-enhanced curriculum products, working cross-functionally to develop and launch those products.
● Driving internal improvements. Continuously update and maintain the company’s content standards guides and improve content development processes and systems.
● Supporting product adoption. Collaborate with the School Success team to provide world-class teacher and instructional supports to ensure successful Albert implementations.
● You’ll work with great people. Albert has some of the brightest, kindest, and most passionate people anywhere. There is something magical about working with like-minded people at a mission-driven company and you get every bit of that at Albert.
● You’ll make a difference. We are offering modern learning products to schools that offer more value at less than a fraction of the cost of outdated e-learning solutions. Take pride when you see students and teachers using Albert in their class and raving to you about it.
● You'll achieve a lot. You’ll be in a fast-paced environment where you will be trusted to make the best decision, be able to make improvements where you see fit, and make a big impact on the overall organization.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for health and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. All employees can work-from-home one day per week.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like, within reason.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget for your team.
● Commuter benefit. Get up to $50 taken from your pre-tax paycheck and applied toward transportation and commuting costs.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do a big off-site as a team.
● Salary: $50,000 - $65,000
The ideal candidate would have the following:
● Relevant experience. 2+ years of math teaching experience and/or a relevant degree in mathematics, statistics, or engineering. Experience with test prep and curriculum design is a bonus.
● Superior organizational and management skills. You will need to effectively manage teams of authors while driving internal initiatives.
● Exceptional communication skills. You know how to maximize the impact of your communications while understanding another person's opinion.
● Creative problem-solving skills. You aren’t afraid to think of the box and arrive at your own conclusions based on first principles.
● Sound decision-making. Many times, decisions will have to be made in situations of ambiguity.
● A passion for education. Our mission to bring personalized learning to all students has to deeply resonate with you.