Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
As a Product Manager Intern, you will be a generalist supporting product development and decision making across the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Integrating usability studies, competitive research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
● Synthesizing external feedback from customers and user interviews with internal roadmaps and strategies to develop winning product strategies.
● Defining and analyze metrics that inform the success of products to share with the broader team.
● Coordinating new product launches across departments and provide project management support to the engineering team.
● Bridging internal communications between engineering, design, content development, sales, support, and school success.
● Setting up internal tooling and product data reports to help teams make good decisions and work efficiently.
This internship will be based out of our office in Chicago's River North neighborhood. It will be salaried and span at least three months during Summer 2019. This will be a paid, salaried internship.
● You’ll work some of the brightest, kindest, and most passionate people anywhere.
● You’ll have the satisfaction of watching your work reach millions of students and teachers each year and feel good about your impact on the world.
● You’ll have a unique opportunity to work across all functional areas at Albert: engineering, design, sales, school success, customer support, content development, monetization, marketing, and more.
● You will play a meaningful role in the ideation, user experience, design, and testing of new features.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks...
● A sweet office. A bright and open space in the heart of the Loop.
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and unlimited Naturebox snacks to keep you going.
● The best equipment.
● Summer company outings.
● Bi-weekly team lunches.
● Monthly company happy hours.
Prior experience in a product role is not necessary, but helpful. Here is what we care about the most:
● Exceptional product sense founded on empathy with user needs.
● Sound decision making in situations of ambiguity and craft innovative solutions.
● Ability to quickly identify what is important and prioritize several competing priorities.
● Exceptional analytical skills: Expert at Excel, SQL, or both.
● Unwavering attention to detail and highly thorough in considering alternatives and tradeoffs.
● Soft skills. Ability to communicate effectively, build consensus, tailor communications for various contexts and personalities, and bring out the best in others.
● A software background or computer science major are also helpful.