Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
As a Recruiter, you will be the face of Albert.io in our talent acquisition efforts. You will be responsible for building a robust pipeline of talent for all of our core teams (Engineering, Content, Sales, Success), as well as more specialized roles (Product management, Design, internships, freelancers, etc.).
Your responsibilities will include:
● Sourcing. Use various platforms to identify and reach out to promising prospects in a personalized way to proactively build a high-quality talent pipeline; filter incoming applications for candidates who should proceed to a first-round pitch.
● Pitching. Educate, excite and sell candidates on both the opportunity and why Albert's culture, mission, and product should drive the candidate to bet their career on working here.
● Collaboration. Interface with team leaders to facilitate candidate handoffs, exchange notes, craft and maintain job descriptions, and identify areas of improvement in our hiring process.
● Record-keeping. Maintain candidate notes in our applicant tracking system, ensuring high fidelity of data keeping so we can understand key hiring metrics like candidate sources, lost reasons, referrals, etc.
● Work with great people. Albert has some of the brightest, kindest, and most passionate people anywhere.
● Be part of a high-functioning culture. You’ll be in a fast-paced yet supportive environment where you will be trusted to make the best decision, be able to make improvements where you see fit, and work independently to achieve our collective goals.
● Learn a ton. As our first and only Recruiter, you will have an outsized ability to impact the company and grow professionally given the high visibility and leverage of your responsibilities.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for health and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. All employees can work-from-home one day per week.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like, within reason.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget for your team.
● Commuter benefit. Get up to $50 taken from your pre-tax paycheck and applied toward transportation and commuting costs.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do a big off-site as a team.
● Salary: $60,000 - $85,000 base + bonus
We are looking someone with at least a year of professional recruiting experience. Beyond that, here is what we care about the most:
● Connection to our mission. As the face of our recruitment efforts, you have to connect deeply with our mission of improving education for all. That passion has to emanate from deep within you and be infectious so our candidates also catch it.
● Adaptable and creative problem solver. Recruiting high-quality candidates is an art. It's a blend of strategic persistence, looking in places others have missed, and intuiting what matters to candidates and highlighting Albert's ability to fulfill those employment goals. We are looking for someone who thinks creatively about recruiting and makes the right judgment calls in situations of ambiguity.
● Excellent communicator. The right messaging can make the difference between a candidate ignoring us and proceeding to next steps. You must be skilled in concise and powerful, both written and verbal.
● High work ethic. Let's face it: sourcing quality candidates is largely an effort game. We are looking for someone willing to grind through rejections, unopened messages, and bad interviews to eventually find the perfect hire.