Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
As a School Sales Associate, you will be part of the engine driving our sales to schools and districts across the world. We only work with inbound deals and this position not expected to cold call or prospect their deals.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Understanding customers. Working to deeply understand our school customers, their needs, and the best way to implement Albert to achieve the school's goals.
● Expansion. Strategizing with the School Success and marketing teams on lead generation efforts, especially in driving interest in pilot implementations.
● Pilots. You will work on securing short-term pilots at schools to explore an Albert implementation and help to onboard schools to have successful pilots.
● Closing deals. Fielding inbound school license inquiries, converting pilots into sales, and conducting demos to close deals.
● Data upkeep. Maintaining the data in our CRM to ensure we always up-to-date information.
● You’ll work with great people. Albert has some of the brightest, kindest, and most passionate people anywhere. There is something magical about working with like-minded people at a mission-driven company and you get every bit of that at Albert.
● You’ll make a difference. We are offering modern learning products to schools that offer more value at less than a fraction of the cost of outdated e-learning solutions. Take pride when you see students and teachers using Albert in their class and raving to you about it.
● You'll achieve a lot. You’ll be in a fast-paced environment where you will be trusted to make the best decision, be able to make improvements where you see fit, and make a big impact on the overall organization.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for health and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. All employees can work-from-home one day per week.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like, within reason.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget for your team.
● Commuter benefit. Get up to $50 taken from your pre-tax paycheck and applied toward transportation and commuting costs.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do a big off-site as a team.
● Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 + commission
Prior experience in school sales is certainly helpful, but not necessary. Here is what we care about the most:
● Tenacity and persistence. You do not give up easily and feel comfortable with rejection. You believe that superior effort will win in the long run.
● Exceptional communication skills. You know how to maximize the impact of your communications while understanding another person's opinion.
● Composure under pressure. You do not get rattled easily, can quickly assess a situation and identify what is important to take decisive action and adapt as needed.
● Work ethic. When you reach a goal, you set a higher goal next time, not because you are told to but because you want to constantly challenge yourself.