Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Thousands of schools have adopted Albert as their mission-critical instructional platform and we are growing quickly.
Overview of our stack:
● The application is fully isomorphic, rendering application state/snapshots server-side where possible.
● Our API services are built with Elixir, Phoenix, and PostgreSQL following the JSON API specification.
● We run on Google Cloud using Kubernetes and Docker.
This internship will be based out of our office in Chicago's River North neighborhood. It will be salaried and span at least three months during Summer 2019.
● You’ll work some of the brightest, kindest, and most passionate people anywhere.
● You’ll have the satisfaction of watching your work reach millions of students and teachers each year and feel good about your impact on the world.
● You’ll get to use the most cutting-edge client and server-side tools available. There is no legacy code. You will get to craft software you are proud of and ship in quick iterations with confidence.
● You will play a meaningful role in the ideation, user experience, design, and testing of new features.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks...
● A sweet office. A bright and open space in the heart of the Loop.
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and unlimited Naturebox snacks to keep you going.
● The best equipment.
● Summer company outings.
● Bi-weekly team lunches.
● Monthly company happy hours.
This will be a paid internship. Salary range: $40,000-$50,000 prorated.
We look for people who are passionate learners, work well in teams, and take pride in their work. It is not as important to us that engineers have specific experience with React, so long as they bring strong relevant experience.
The following skills are helpful:
● A strong academic or on-the-job background in web application development and computer science.
● Superior problem solving and prioritization skills. The ability to consider a solution for right now, a week from now, and a month from now and strike the right balance to deliver value to users.