Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
As an Account Executive (K-12 Education Sales), you will consult with schools and districts by guiding prospective educators through our purchasing process, understanding their needs, and closing deals to implement Albert's world-class learning platform. This is an inside sales position that entails working with "inbound leads" as well as "prospecting" to create new leads with a focus on school administrators.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Cultivating product-customer fit. Work with schools and districts to determine if Albert is the right fit. Conduct discovery to learn the goals, pain points, and instructional context of each prospect to articulate how Albert can specifically help.
● Managing the buyer's journey. Guide prospective school buyers from initial qualification to closed deal. Lead tailored product demos, build excitement with stakeholders, and navigate purchasing and procurement procedures along the way.
● Building long-term relationships. Develop a "book" of relationships with school administrators over time. Cultivate long-term opportunities by continuously adding value with educators.
● Generating leads. Leverage a combination of email and phone campaigns and tools to strategically generate school and district opportunities.
● Maintaining internal data. Clean CRM data is critical to our long-term success and ability to execute. Ensure notes, metadata, activities, and deals have complete and accurate data.
A typical path for Account Executives at Albert is to begin by supporting the existing sales team without owning their own deals and territory. This "ramp up" period is necessary to learn the ins and outs of K-12 education sales, our systems, and achieve product mastery. Over time (typically 6-12 months), new Account Executives will begin to own their own territories and earn commissions on the sales they win.
We are a remote-first company. Most of our team is in Chicago, but we have fully embraced a remote culture with roughly 40% of our team distributed across the United States. You can live and work anywhere, but we are not yet set up to support international team members.
Albert is so much more than just a job. You will do great work here supported by incredibly talented, passionate, and kind colleagues and actually look forward to waking up every day to help us bring better learning experiences to students worldwide. We carefully maintain our culture of openness, respectful debate, calculated risk-taking, and first-principles thinking. You'll also form lifelong friendships, collaborate with incredible managers, have a ton of fun, and pick up skills and experience that will last you a lifetime.
● Competitive salary. We observe the same pay bands, regardless of where you live.
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We contribute 90% of the cost for our various medical insurance options and 85% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover enrollment in One Medical to provide all employees with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Parents are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave after a year of service.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan and a 1% match.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Flexible, guilt-free vacation. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Most people take 3-4 weeks per year and are encouraged to take time off. This is not a vague policy where "unlimited" ends up meaning "hardly ever, it's too stressful to ask for time off".
For this position, we are open to both experienced and junior candidates. Experienced candidates should have 1+ years experience in enterprise SaaS or K-12 education sales. Junior candidates should come from a background in K-12 classroom teaching, be passionate about Albert, and be excited to learn from our experienced team.
Here are the traits we look for:
● Alignment. Excitement for what Albert is building and a passion for providing classroom teachers with the highest quality tools.
● Experience. To ensure a deep connection with our mission and facilitate natural conversations with schools, we prefer candidates with classroom teaching experience.
● Grit. You do not give up easily and believe that superior effort will win in the long run.
● Exceptional communication skills. You know how to maximize the impact of your communications while understanding another person's opinion.
● Creative problem solver. You can synthesize information about our product and the client's goals and situations to overcome objections and find your way to "Yes".
● Composure under pressure. You do not get rattled easily, can quickly assess a situation and identify what is important to take action and adapt as needed.
● Relentlessness. When you reach a goal, you set a higher goal next time, not because you are told to but because you want to constantly challenge yourself.