Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
In the role of Administrative Assistant - Revenue Operations, you will be the driving force behind smoothly running customer success and sales teams. Your work will enable our customer-facing teams to maximize their impact by supporting them in recordkeeping, client communications, compliance, vendor approvals, contracts, and customer support.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Vendor approvals. Because Albert sells to schools and school districts, we often need to go through vendor approval processes to be able to make a sale. These processes involve back and forth paperwork, contract negotiation, and often, scheduling conversations with district administrators to clear Albert for a sale and use by their students. A well-functioning vendor approval team is critical to the success of our sales team.
● Compliance. You will be responsible for collecting tax exemption certificates from our school customers and managing our sales tax compliance execution. This is critical to ensure Albert has up-to-date certificates and remits sales tax appropriately.
● Recordkeeping. It is critical for our sales and customer success teams to have accurate records on things like budget cycles (ie, when schools set their budgets for the year) to plan their account management activities. You will improve our systems for data maintenance while updating records on our thousands of school clients.
● Customer support. You will help our customer success team deliver delightful customer experiences. You will help customers problem-solve, find solutions, and answer their questions so we can maximize customer loyalty and retention.
● Revenue forecasting. In order to enable the company to make informed financial decisions, you will work with our school customers to track their payment cycles and timelines so we have accurate insight into future cash flows.
● Data assurance. Ensure internal tools (such as our CRM) have consistent, accurate, and complete data; work with sales team members to ensure adherence to process and audit historical data.
Albert is so much more than just a job. You will do great work here supported by incredibly talented, passionate, and kind colleagues and actually look forward to waking up every day to help us bring better learning experiences to students worldwide. We carefully maintain our culture of openness, respectful debate, calculated risk-taking, and first-principles thinking. You'll also form lifelong friendships, collaborate with incredible managers, have a ton of fun, and pick up skills and experience that will last you a lifetime.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. We offer an annual allotment of work-from-home days that can be used flexibly and grows annually with tenure
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings.
Our ideal candidate:
● Excitement for what Albert is building.
● Previous experience in sales, customer success, or as an administrative/executive assistant.
● A stickler for details who cares about getting things right the first time.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Adaptable and quick to pick up on new processes, tools, and parameters with minimal ongoing guidance.
● A creative problem solver who can quickly make good decisions in ambiguous situations.
● Strong analytical skills with a bias towards understanding customer behavior