Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven and diverse team of passionate, thoughtful, and creative individuals creating the learning platform of the future. Albert is growing quickly and looking for mission-driven team members who want to make a massive impact on improving education across the world.
Our Product teams are divided into three integrated functional groups of frontend engineers, backend engineers, and a product owner. As a Product Analyst, you will develop expertise in one of these groups with the goal of eventually being the product owner for that group.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Integrating usability studies, competitive research, and market analysis into product requirements.
● Synthesizing customer feedback and user interviews with internal roadmaps and strategies to develop winning product strategies.
● Defining and analyzing metrics that inform the success of products to share with the broader team.
● Coordinating new product launches across teams.
● Providing project management assistance to the engineering team.
● Triaging user issues, working across teams to build understanding and present solutions.
Our Product team gets to work on interesting challenges that impact the learning experience of millions of learners every day. You will play a central role in the evolution of our product and feel the impact of your work every time students and teachers write to tell us how much they love our product. Best of all, you will have a lot of fun, look forward to work every day, and develop formidable technical, business, and leadership skills along the way.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks!
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 85% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 75% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover the cost of enrollment in One Medical to provide employees on any of our health plans with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Primary caregivers are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave. Secondary caregivers are eligible for eight (8) weeks of fully paid leave and an additional four (4) weeks unpaid.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates. We encourage taking off at least 10 days per year.
● Extended remote work. Employees who have worked at Albert for two years can work remote for up to 6 weeks (done continuously) every other year to do some bucket list traveling.
Productivity at work...
● Work-from-home. All employees can work-from-home one day per week.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets whatever equipment setup they'd like.
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
Just for fun...
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and a generous snack budget.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do a big off-site as a team.
Prior experience in a product role is not necessary, but helpful. Here is what we care about the most:
● Exceptional product sense founded on empathy with user needs.
● Strong first-principles reasoning skills that enable sound decision making and an ability to craft innovative solutions.
● Ability to identify what is important and prioritize several competing priorities.
● Exceptional analytical skills: Expert at Excel, SQL, or both, or the ability to quickly learn.
● Natural curiosity to develop multi-disciplinary skills and constantly explore problems from multiple angles.
● Demonstrable leadership potential and high levels of emotional intelligence.
● An ability to communicate effectively and proactively, tailoring communications for various contexts and personalities.