Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven team of passionate and thoughtful individuals creating the practice and assessment platform of the future.
MEET OUR CONTENT TEAM
As a Curriculum Manager, you will be part of the innovative team that designs and creates the curricula and content at the heart of Albert’s products.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Developing content. Overseeing efforts related to the development of content in our Social Studies (history, government, civics, etc.) subjects spanning middle school, high school, and college courses.
● Enforcing quality standards. Moderate author-submitted content to ensure it meets our standards, provide feedback, and work with authors to incorporate feedback.
● Developing new products. Lead the ideation and implementation of innovative technology-enhanced curriculum products, working cross-functionally to develop and launch those products.
● Driving internal improvements. Continuously update and maintain the company’s content standards guides and improve content development processes and systems.
● Supporting product adoption. Collaborate with the School Success team to provide world-class teacher and instructional supports to ensure successful Albert implementations.
Albert has a headquarters in Chicago, with some employees distributed across the nation in fully-remote roles. If you prefer to be physically present with co-workers, you would want to be located in Chicago. However, we have had success with remote roles and are willing to hire great colleagues anywhere in the U.S. for remote positions
Our culture is our best competitive advantage. We stress freedom of opinion, think long-term, and strive to empower bottoms-up decisionmaking. You’ll work with talented and humble teammates who will always be there to support you and who care just as much as you about making an impact on education. Your managers will genuinely care about your success, growth, and wellbeing. Most importantly, you’ll learn a lot and have a ton of fun along the way.
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 99% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 85% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover enrollment in One Medical to provide all employees with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Parents are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave after a year of service.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Flexible, guilt-free vacation. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates.
● Remote work. Prior to COVID, we had a flexible work-from-home policy. As a result of COVID, we are embracing hiring positions remotely, or based from our office in Chicago. When things return to “normal”, we will continue to have a flexible work-from-home approach.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
● Mission alignment. Excitement for what Albert is building.
● Relevant experience. 2+ years of teaching experience in a relevant social studies capacity (e.g., AP World History, US History, etc.) and a relevant college degree.
● Superior organizational and management skills. You will need to effectively manage teams of authors while driving internal initiatives.
● Exceptional communication skills. You know how to maximize the impact of your communications while understanding another person's opinion.
● Creative problem-solving skills. You aren’t afraid to think out of the box and arrive at your own conclusions based on first principles.
● Sound decision-making. Many times, decisions will have to be made in situations of ambiguity.
● A passion for education. Our mission to bring personalized learning to all students has to deeply resonate with you.