We are hiring an Account Manager on our Schools team. We look forward to getting to know you.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS TEAM
The Schools team has three sub-teams:
1. Sales - They bring Albert to new school partners and pass them off to us (Account Management) to manage the relationship going forward.
2. Account Management (this role) - We work with school administrators to plan implementations and training to ensure successful roll-outs. Each year, we ensure our school customers renew with us.
3. Adoption Management - They work exclusively with teachers, supporting their day-to-day use of Albert. They support us (Account Managers) by ensuring the teachers at the schools we manage are effectively using Albert, which makes our jobs working with the administrators much easier.
Collectively, these three sub-teams work closely together to provide an exceptional experience for school administrators and teachers. Something unique about us is that everyone, across all three sub-teams, has been a former classroom teacher. We highly value that connection with our customers!
As an Account Manager, you will be at the center of our implementations in schools and districts across the country. Your ability to work with school administrators to implement Albert and retain their business year-over-year will play a critical role in the company’s success.
● Develop tailored implementation plans. Work with school administrators to understand their instructional goals, technology ecosystem, and expectations. Work with them to drive high levels of buy-in and product adoption with teachers.
● Monitor implementations. Develop reporting structures and insights to help educators and school administrators quantify implementation success; use this data to support implementation success and recommend interventions.
● Manage contract renewals. You will guide schools through their annual renewal process, growing the Albert implementation over time while ensuring the chosen implementations align with schools’ best interests.
● Build high-stakes relationships. Build long-term relationships with school administrators based on trust and expand stakeholder networks.
● Plan and develop instructional support. Work with administrators to plan teacher training, develop instructional plans, and support technology change management with each school.
● Develop internal metrics. Help various stakeholders within our organization understand how our school implementations are going by curating feedback and data-driven insights.
● Support internal product development. Bring customer feedback and instructional research to bear on the development, design, and launch of product enhancements.
● Competitive salary. We observe the same pay bands, regardless of where you live. For this role, our starting salary is $60,000 - $75,000, based on experience.
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We contribute 90% of the cost for our various medical insurance options and 85% for vision and dental. We contribute 50% for dependents.
● One Medical. We cover enrollment in One Medical to provide all employees with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Parents are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave after a year of service.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan and a 1% match.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Flexible, guilt-free vacation. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Most people take 3-4 weeks per year and are encouraged to take time off. This is not a vague policy where "unlimited" ends up meaning "hardly ever, it's too stressful to ask for time off".
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 2014, Albert has been powering feedback loops for students and teachers to improve educational outcomes. We do this by providing students with engaging, thought-provoking questions and feedback and teachers with actionable data and flexible instructional tools. We believe we can make the biggest impact by working through teachers, equipping them with the highest quality practice and assessment content possible.
At Albert, we don’t stop at creating a great product. We also obsess about providing delightful support, delivering impactful teacher training, and forging long-term relationships with our school partners.
All of this starts with our culture. We stress freedom of opinion, think long-term, and empower people with autonomy and responsibility. We believe we do our best work when there are high levels of psychological safety, accountability, and a shared commitment to high standards.
We are a remote-first company. Most of our team is in Chicago, but we have fully embraced a remote culture with roughly 40% of our team distributed across the United States. You can live and work anywhere, but we are not yet set up to support international team members.
● You have a bachelor's or graduate degree in an education-related field. We prefer a Masters in Education with a concentration in education technology, instructional strategies, or curriculum development.
● You have at least two full academic years of classroom teaching experience and can demonstrate fluency in integrating technology in the classroom.
● You are an excellent writer, skilled at maximizing impact and clarity without fluff. You are able to distill complex ideas into accessible narratives. You are skilled at verbal diplomacy, making people feel at ease, and listening with empathy.
● You feel comfortable working and leading through ambiguity and taking initiative to find solutions when no obvious ones exist. You don’t get overwhelmed easily, can juggle multiple projects, and effectively prioritize. You are biased toward action and see things through with a high degree of ownership.
● You are excited about what Albert is building and ideally, have experience using Albert in your own classes.