Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven team of passionate and thoughtful individuals creating the practice and assessment platform of the future.
As a School Account Manager, you will work primarily with school and district administrators to ensure their Albert implementations are well planned, smoothly rolled out, and renewed each year.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Managing administrator relationships. You will work closely with school and district administrators. You'll get to understand their challenges, instructional goals, and operations while building strong personal relationships.
● Developing customized implementation plans. Work with teachers and school administrators to understand their instructional goals, technology ecosystem, and expectations. Develop customized instructional strategies for teachers and school-level implementations plans with school administrators.
● Monitoring implementations. Develop reporting structures to help educators, school administrators, and ourselves quantify implementation success across clients, identify schools requiring more support, and support school administrators in driving adoption and teacher accountability.
● Renewal management. Schools renew their Albert contracts each year. As the owner of the administrator relationships, you'll ensure Albert is included in school budgets, guide schools through their renewal processes, and work with them on pricing and purchasing decisions to ensure a smooth renewal process each year.
● Instructional support. Develop instructional support resources for teachers and administrators. Arrange, package, and maintain those resources to create an engaging experience and maximize adoption.
● Developing internal metrics. Curate and present key performance indicators for the management and product teams. Translate instructional data generated through the use of the product into non-pedagogical insights for business stakeholders.
● Supporting internal product research. Bring learning, educational, and instructional research and best-practices to bear on the development, design, and launch of product enhancements. Serve as a sounding board for our product team.
We are a remote-first company. Most of our team is in Chicago, but we have fully embraced a remote culture with roughly 40% of our team distributed across the United States. You can live and work anywhere, but we are not yet set up to support international team members.
Our culture is our best competitive advantage. We stress freedom of opinion, think long-term, and strive to empower bottoms-up decisionmaking. You’ll work with talented and humble teammates who will always be there to support you and who care just as much as you about making an impact on education. Your managers will genuinely care about your success, growth, and wellbeing. Most importantly, you’ll learn a lot and have a ton of fun along the way.
Salary: $60-$75k, based on prior experience as an Account Manager in a relevant field
● Competitive salary. We observe the same pay bands, regardless of where you live.
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We contribute 90% of the cost for our various medical insurance options and 85% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover enrollment in One Medical to provide all employees with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Parents are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave after a year of service.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan and a 1% match.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Flexible, guilt-free vacation. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Most people take 3-4 weeks per year and are encouraged to take time off. This is not a vague policy where "unlimited" ends up meaning "hardly ever, it's too stressful to ask for time off".
● Education. Bachelor's or graduate degree in an education-related field. Strong preference for a Masters in Education with a concentration in education technology, instructional strategies, or curriculum development.
● Experience. You must have at least TWO full academic years of classroom teaching experience at the high school or middle school level and demonstrated fluency in integrating technology in the classroom. Preference for candidates who have taken on roles of leadership within their schools.
● Analysis skills. You should be skilled at using data to answer instructional and business questions and presenting data and insights in easy-to-understand ways.
● Communication skills. You are an excellent writer, skilled at maximizing impact and clarity without fluff. You are able to distill complex ideas into accessible narratives. You are skilled at verbal diplomacy, making people feel at ease, and listening with empathy. You know how to make your points while making the other person feel heard.
● Creative problem-solving skills. You should feel comfortable working and leading through ambiguity and taking initiative to find solutions when no obvious ones exist.
● Mission alignment. You should be excited about what Albert is building and ideally, have experience using Albert in your own classes.