Albert (www.albert.io) is an instructional platform that empowers teachers to unlock the potential in all learners. We are a mission-driven team of passionate and thoughtful individuals creating the practice and assessment platform of the future.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL SUCCESS TEAM
Our School Success team supports and manages relationships with school and district customers. The team is divided into two specialized roles:
● Account Managers. As a School Account Manager, you would work exclusively with school and district administrators to launch the platform, coordinate implementation, drive product adoption, and renew each year.
● Adoption Managers. As a School Adoption Manager, you would support and train teachers to get the most out of their Albert license, helping them tailor Albert to their specific challenges and goals.
Our School Success team is made up entirely of former educators. We are currently hiring for both roles. As we get to know you and your preferences during our interview process, we will build conviction on which role you would be best suited for, so you do not need to decide which side of the School Success team you'd like to apply for up-front.
THE SCHOOL ACCOUNT MANAGER ROLE
● Managing administrator relationships. You will work closely with school and district administrators. You'll get to understand their challenges, instructional goals, and operations while building strong personal relationships.
● Planning and coordinating Albert implementations. You will work with school administrators to align on expectations, implementation strategy, and technology integration. You'll be a driver of change management, coordinate professional development training, and get teachers started on the right foot.
● Renewal management. As the owner of account relationships, you'll work to secure school funding, support schools through their annual renewal processes, and guide administrators’ purchasing decisions to find the right Albert implementation for each school.
● Monitoring implementation success. As a data-driven company, our Account Managers constantly monitor how our school partners are using Albert and surfacing insights both to school administrators and teammates.
● Cross-team collaboration. You'll advocate for our school administrator customers, internally, to ensure we prioritize the right projects, features, and content and deliver the most value to our clients.
THE SCHOOL ADOPTION MANAGER ROLE
● Monitoring implementation success. As a data-driven company, our Adoption Management team constantly monitors how teachers are using our product and adjusting our strategies accordingly.
● Teacher support. We go to great lengths to provide teachers with world-class, responsive support. As teachers run into questions on how to utilize Albert's many features and content products, we are there to provide customized recommendations and detailed support via chat, email, and phone.
● Delivering professional development. You will develop and deliver highly customized and informative physical and virtual professional development sessions. We are often told that we run the best PD's schools have ever had!
● Developing teacher resources. We offer a certification program called Albert Academy, a teacher resources center, a help center, and various other supplements to help teachers onboard onto Albert more effectively. Our Adoption Management team continuously improves and expands on these resources for our teachers.
● Cross-team collaboration. You'll be the voice of our teacher customers internally, advocate for the right priorities in our roadmaps, and work directly with our product teams on developing, launching, and supporting product improvements.
Albert has a headquarters in Chicago, with some employees distributed across the nation in fully-remote roles. If you prefer to be physically present with co-workers, you would want to be located in Chicago. However, we have had success with remote roles and are willing to hire great colleagues anywhere in the U.S. for remote positions.
Our culture is our best competitive advantage. We stress freedom of opinion, think long-term, and strive to empower bottoms-up decision-making. You'll work alongside talented and humble teammates who are endlessly supportive and share your passion for making an impact on education. Your managers will genuinely care about your success, growth, and wellbeing. Most importantly, you'll learn a lot and have a ton of fun along the way.
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 99% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 85% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover enrollment in One Medical to provide all employees with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Parents are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave after a year of service.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Flexible, guilt-free vacation. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates.
● Remote work. Prior to COVID, we had a flexible work-from-home policy. As a result of COVID, we are embracing hiring positions remotely, or based from our office in Chicago. When things return to "normal", we will continue to have a flexible work-from-home approach
Here is what we care about the most:
● Mission alignment. Excitement for what Albert is building and ideally, experience using Albert in your own classes.
● A natural manager. You are the type of person who knows how to get things done when situations are ambiguous. You know how to assess, take control, make good decisions, and make tangible progress.
● Empathetic problem solver. You seek to genuinely understand the challenges of our customers and deliver them high-quality solutions.
● A great communicator. You are skilled at verbal diplomacy, make people feel at ease, are relatable and personable, and an excellent writer. You know how to make your points while making the other person feel heard and letting them have more of the talking time.
● Teaching experience. You'll be working with educators on a daily basis. Being able to relate to the circumstances and challenges of our clients will make all the difference.
● Positivity. We want every school that uses Albert to feel as excited about our product as we are. Our School Adoption Managers have the chance to share their excitement about Albert every day.